Happy Monday ya little pain au chocolats, I’m finally getting round to writing up the Blogger Recognition Award Laura from Purlls of Wisdom tagged me in last week. I won’t lie I am finding this whole #Blogtober lark a bit of a struggle. My plan was to write interesting and fun content every day of October and so far I feel like it’s been a bit mediocre. But I tend to think that about the good majority of things I do. Without sounding like a mega negative Nancy I’ve always been a bit of a pessimist. Anyway! Onwards with this post. This is one of those tags that you see floating around the blogosphere that fellow bloggers nominate each other for. It’s a fun way of getting to know other bloggers around the world and also for celebrating other blogs that deserve the recognition and the love.
The rules of the tag are as followed:
- Prove a link back to the original post and the person who tagged you.
- Write a small post about the origins of your blog story and how it all got started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select and tag 15 other bloggers you want to give this award too.
WHERE IT ALL STARTED:
I spoke about my blogger story and how it all got started in this post just here a few months ago. I have always loved writing and creative writing, ever since I was a little girl so to be honest it’s not much of a shock that passion has stayed with me, and will hopefully stay with me throughout life. I decided when I was about 16 or 17 to start a blog documenting possibly every scrap detail of my life from what I wore to sixth form, to the colour of my nail polish that day to where I was eating. I stayed with that blog for about 2 or 3 years until life kind of took over and it became more of a chore to me than something relaxing, therapeutic and fun. Early last year I was toying with the idea of blogging again as a way of destressing and communicating with other likeminded, super cool people. Eventually I made a blog in about May or June last year and use it as somewhere to share my thoughts, foods and opinions.
If I had to impart my wisdom with newbie bloggers I’d probably say two things.
- Try not to worry about numbers, stats and keeping up with others. It’s fantastic when you hit a certain milestone or if something you’ve worked really hard on get’s the recognition it and you truly deserve but if that is the sole reason why you’re blogging to become internet famous, the next Zoella and a Coconut Lane discount code with your name on it then the blogging biz might be a bit of a struggle for you.
- Get involved with blogger tags, groups and chats on Twitter and Instagram. I have becomes friends with some truly wonderful people from all around the world because of this. Some living far away some only down the m25. It’s such a lovely to speak with and one day meet such lovely people. I have a list as long as my arm of people I’d love to meet from these communities and I’m hoping one day soon I might actually be able to put a plan into action and actually see their real life faces.
I know the award says to tag 15 other people however I’m going to tag just a handful as I have another one of these from Michael coming up at the end of the week. I’m so touched and so grateful to be tagged in these it always makes me so happy and truly makes my day!
I’ve chosen to tag these girls because I’m such a huge fan of their content and the way in which they write and also style their blogs. You can tell they put so much of their hard work, time and effort into it. As soon as one of their posts ping into my inbox I genuinely get so excited to sit down and have a read. If I could give each and every one of you an Oscar, a Grammy, a Pulitzer Prize or a piece of the crown like in Mean Girls I would do it in a shot.
Thanks for reading.
MUCH LOVE. x